The Biorefine Cluster Europe is an initiative bridging multiple projects in the domain of nutrient and energy cycling. The cluster aims to stimulate interaction between projects, enlarge the output/exposure of projects, and put the biorefinery concept on the agenda. Ultimately, it is the mission of the Biorefine Cluster Europe to put renewable resources and resource recovery (including energy) from biobased sources on the agenda of both policy makers and industrial entrepreneurs. By doing this in joint concerted actions, the outreach of participating projects is significantly enhanced.
The Biorefine Cluster Europe aims at five principle targets:
- Enhance interaction between the projects involved,
- Enhance stakeholder outreach - streamlining events and output by jointly organizing them from multiple projects sharing common target groups,
- Stimulate practical business implementation by (i) addressing market constraints identified from within the projects, (ii) by focusing on micro-economic case studies and by (iii) scaling up R&D to pilot validation & demonstration,
- Support policy makers in their roadmaps towards a circular economy, based on sound scientific evidence,
- Identify gaps in knowledge, requiring further investigation and subsequently addressing them via new project development.