The first European Congress of Biotechnology in Interlaken, Switzerland, in 1978 marked the inauguration of the European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB). In 2018, EFB is delighted to welcome you back to Switzerland to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the EFB and the longest running biotechnology congress in Europe.
The European Congress on Biotechnology (ECB) is the leading congress for academic and industrial biotechnologists in Europe and is the flagship biennial event of the European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB). Your participation in ECB2018 will, amongst others, enable you to:
- Visit Geneva, which is a prime hub for Biotechnology with 350 active firms and 20 world class institutes with a focus on this discipline
- Hear Plenary lectures by stellar speakers who are leading biotechnological developments
- Meet invited speakers who are world leaders in their fields
- Present your scientific results to the most relevant audience either as a poster or as one of 200 short talks selected from submitted abstracts
- Get a global perspective of Biotechnology in Europe and around the Globe
- Get involved in EFB, the “Voice of Biotechnology in Europe”
- Participate in or visit the Trade exhibition. Network with 800+ biotechnologists from academia and industry from 60+ countries
The European Federation of Biotechnology (EFB) is Europe’s non-profit federation of National Biotechnology Associations, Learned Societies, Universities, Scientific Institutes, Biotech Companies and individual biotechnologists working to promote biotechnology throughout Europe and beyond. As the independent “Voice of Biotechnology in Europe”, EFB promotes the safe, sustainable and beneficial use of fundamental research and innovation in life sciences, while providing a forum for interdisciplinary and international cooperation.